Monday, January 08, 2007

We're not in Kansas anymore...

I had an epiphany today. This morning as I was writing out my tri-weekly Target list, I subconsciously wrote down a word that I don't think I've ever actually written in my life. See if you can pick it out. Here are a few items from the list:

Paper Towels
Scotch Tape
Excedrin Migraine
Caffiene Free Soda
Chewy Bones
Razors

Can you find the word in question? I'll give you a hint. You drink it. DING DING DING!!! It's soda! Since when does a beef eating, corn cobbling mid-westerner ever utter (or in my case write) the word S-O-D-A when referring to the carbonated fiz more commonly known as pop?!? This is truly a day to write home about. I think I can officially call myself a full fledged Californian after today. I'll need to consult with my better half when it comes to this and see what term pops out of his mouth (no pun intended).

Oh this will be a fun experiment. I'll try and catch him unawares and see where his allegiance lies. I'll ask him tonight if there's anything he needs from Target but... I know he'll just say Diet Coke so I'll have to get creative. Maybe I'll ask him something casual like, "What category would Coke fall into because I'm creating a new spreadsheet itemizing all our household purchases in an effort to save money in 2007 and although Coke falls into a beverage category I'd like to be more specific and have a "carbonated beverage" line item but that won't fit into the spreadsheet field so what's another word for carbonated beverage sweetie?" That's my plan. I've got it. Sorry for the babble. This was me just thinking out loud.

No comments: