Monday, May 14, 2007

Dessert Anyone?

While searching online for something totally unrelated, I came across this recipe for Cow Udder Eclairs: (courtesy of www.bertc.com)

Cow Udder Eclairs

12 fresh lean cow udders
1 pint of whipping cream
1 cup of brown sugar
1 can artichoke hearts
1 stick butter
1 small filleted smelt
1 container of Nair

Soak the cow udders in Nair to remove the hair. Repeat several times if necessary until all hair is removed. Rinse in warm water. Place a stick of butter into a warm frying pan. Wait until all of the butter has melted, then add the cow udders. Fry them for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Chop the artichoke hearts and smelt on a cutting board into fine pieces. In
a large bowl, add the whipping cream, brown sugar and the chopped artichokes and smelt. With a mixer on low, whip until creamy with a consistency like vanilla pudding. Remove the udders from the pan and make a long slice down the side of each udder. Spread the pudding mixture into each slit. Serve warm or cold and have an "Udderly Wonderful" snack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although tempting, I'm not sure I'd want to eat something after it's been soaked in Nair. And I'm pretty sure that our local grocer doesn't keep a fresh stock of udders on hand. It's really too bad, would have been a great compliment to the bull testicle meat loaf I have baking in the oven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading some of your posts on here, it wouldn't surprise me if you made testicle meatloaf for dinner.

Me said...

um, I don't know who wrote that but should I take that as an insult? I'm not the world's greatest cook but surely I would never cook genitalia for dinner.