Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bad tummy

I am writing this to say that I think I just ate some bad chicken. I'm using my journal as documentation since there is a date and time stamp so I can refer back in case this is necessary, (for what reason, I'm not so sure since I was the chef) but that is the purpose for this post. Problem number one is that I defrosted the chicken in the sink not in the refrigerator. I guess that is a big no no and I should have gone with my gut and tossed out the chicken before I started to cook but I was hungry and didn't want to wait to defrost something else. I made sure to cook it thoroughly and thought I'd test one piece before I chopped it up to put it in a salad. I ended up eating the whole piece (it was a breast tender, not a whole breast, roughly about the size of your standard i-pod, not the mini) and I should have stopped after the first bite. I couldn't tell what exactly was wrong with it so I kept taking more bites. By the last bite (which I ended up spitting out in the sink) I knew something was definitely not right with this chicken. It had an old taste, like it had been sitting out under a heat lamp for a day or two. And the consistency was very crumbly it would break apart in weird places, (not like string cheese) it was almost like rubbery clumps that would easily fall apart. But stupid ass me kept eating it!

So now even as I'm sitting here typing this very sentence my stomach is rumbling. It is also making some rather unusual noises. I imagine in no time flat I'll be face first over the shitter projectile vomiting rancid chicken bits til I crap my pants. At least there is one bright spot: I didn't serve any of this to Tom. He and his best buddy Gary are fishing on the lake and won't be home for an hour or so. They usually just catch and release the fish but I may try and catch him on his cell phone and tell him if he wants to eat tonight, hang onto a fish or two.

No comments: