Friday, June 01, 2007

Caught in the act

There's been somewhat of a mystery over at our house regarding the animals. My husband and I couldn't figure out why the cat seems to be getting larger though, he rarely touches his food and the dog appears a bit leaner yet gobbles every last kernel of food in a flash. I think we've found out why...




There is the culprit, Chumley, pawing Wrigley's nuggets to the side of the bowl and then scooping them into his mouth. In the evenings I usually let Wrigs out before feeding time and if he's enjoying himself out there (which is a rarity because he hates to be outside alone) I let him stay out for as long as he likes. I fill up his bowl so I don't forget to feed him and when he's ready to come in he bolts straight to his feeding station. Well today Wrigs was playing outside and I filled up his bowl then went to do some work in the dining room. A few minutes later I hear LOUD crunching coming from the kitchen. That's when I saw Chum feasting away on the GROWING pups food. This definitely could explain Chum's ever expanding tummy.

After a few mouthfuls Chumley retreats to his "hole" for a quick nap. Lately he's been laying in this sideways upside down position. Maybe it helps to aid the digestion of all the dog food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this cat- He's like a human being! He is very smart isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.