Saturday, June 30, 2007

How much is that doggie in the garage?

This afternoon Wrigley and I took a short walk around the neighborhood. We stumbled upon a garage sale down the street so of course he wanted to stop in and take a look. Wrigs was very good (i.e. he didn't pick up anything and run like a bat outta hell with it) but when people would greet him he'd wag his tail so hard that he almost knocked over a few lower placed items. He found a cool spot in the garage to lay down (frog legged of course) and was smothered with hugs and kisses from one of the boys who lived there. I left the two of them loving on each other and putzed around to the other side of the garage. There were a few other people milling about and when they saw Wrigley instantly they gushed over him. Then one older woman says, "Oh is he for sale?" I thought that was cute because he just sort of plopped himself right into the middle of the garage so he did in fact look like an item on display. The family hosting the sale said, "No, he's not our dog, just a customer." And then the woman replies, "But he's got a $20 sticker on his tail." I headed over to see what she meant and there stuck to the side of Wrigley's fuzzy tail was a $20 price tag. I tried to pull it off but he kept wagging it non-stop so I just left it on. And now it's a few hours later and it's still there.

I took this with my camera phone so it's not very clear...
WRIGLEY FOR SALE!

No comments: