Sunday, June 24, 2007

a problem

I have a bit of a problem. I wasn't sure if I should post this on here or not, but maybe there are others out there suffering from a similar condition and we can band together to help each other. My problem goes something like this...

For as long as I can remember, when I'm in a social type setting with friends, and I happen to see an empty space along a wall, I have a sudden uncontrollable urge to...




















Do a hand stand.


Doesn't matter where I'm at. Could be at a Polish dive bar in Chicago...


Or in the lobby of a fancy hotel...


Or at a swanky Hollywood nightclub...(this pic will not rotate!)


Or in the comfort of my home!


Or en route to a fancy dinner...


Or on a pub crawl with friends...(not sure what is up with these photos, blogger refuses to rotate them!)


These hand stands are not drug or alcohol induced. They just happen out of the blue and can strike without much warning. And yes, I've attempted a few sloppy handstands after an adult beverage or two and lucky for me they were never caught on film. My last attempt was not so gracefully executed as my wrists gave out during the leg kick which resulted in a painful fall into a curtain of sharp glass beads. I was wearing a backless shirt and still have the scars to prove it.

Sometimes when I'm feeling really good I'll go the extra mile and perform a one handed stand. But I'm sad to say these are slowly becoming a thing of the past. Tom now says my Mary Lou Retton days are over. But the funny part is, he's always the one snapping the photos!!!

Here's one for old time's sake...

2 comments:

Peter said...

Hee hee! Are you familiar with this little meme?

Not saying it about you, of course... that just happens to be the the text with the picture, I didn't make it up. Then again, aren't all bloggers attention whores, kind of?

Anonymous said...

I have several handstand photos (in addtion to these) on my camera phone that I can send to you. We should make a collage, it really is an art form.