Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wrigley McButter



This is what is settling in my dog's stomach right now. He ate the butter (still wrapped in paper) right off the counter when I went to take the trash outside. When I came back into the kitchen he would side glance at me and avoid direct eye contact while he kept licking his lips and swallowing. At first I didn't realize what he had gotten into but then when I got my toast out of the world's greatest toaster I discovered the butter was missing. I quickly searched online and not surprisingly many other dogs have consumed sticks of butter (and much worse!). I was to expect an explosion of runny diarrhea and perhaps some vomiting. What fun! I took him outside and watched for about an hour and nothing. Now we're back inside and another hour has passed and so has a LOT of gas. I'm thinking the butter is making it's way through his intestinal tract as I type. I think he has a bit of a tummy ache because he's breathing kind of heavy and I can hear some gurgles and squeaks coming from his belly. But I don't doubt if given the opportunity, he'd do it all over again!

No comments: