Thursday, July 19, 2007

I shouldn't laugh...


While I was gone, Tom got involved in about 6 home improvement projects. He was up working late through the night, some nights only getting an hour of sleep. He says he prefers to do these projects when I'm CLEAR across the country. Not sure what he means by that, maybe he just doesn't want to spend his days hammering and drilling when we can spend some quality time together. He's so sweet.

One of his projects involved staining and then sealing the cement patio in the back. He just finished this before I got home and just a little while ago, he turned on the sprinklers out back to water the grass. I'm in the kitchen, windows open, and I hear, "Whhhoooooaaahhh!" I didn't know what had happened but I just started cracking up because I can visualize the scene. Two seconds later, Tom comes back into the house holding his lower back retelling the tale. Apparently the sealer he used on the concrete turns into an ice skating rink when wet. He took a step after the sprinklers were on and slid clear across the patio, landing in the splits position. DAMN I'm mad I missed that! But better him than me because I'm sure I would have broken something. Especially since I was about to carry my glass of wine across the patio to relax in the hammock.

No comments: