Friday, July 13, 2007

Quick update & Sausage Fest

I'm sitting in Panera Bread with my mom and my computer battery is in the red so I don't know if I'll be able to post much. Here's what I've done so far on my Chicago trip....

Took a picture of the city while in the airplane...

Went to my dentist. (Yes my dentist is over 2000 miles away) LOVE HIM!

We seriously took close to 10 pictures but we're both SOOO vain and kept making my mom take new ones. This was one of the only ones that was almost halfway decent but it's still not that good. The lighting in his office must be improved. He promises to work on that for next time.

Visited with friends at my favorite restaurant, Yoshis (and yes this was the same day as my dentist visit - I swear, I'm not wearing the same clothes 2 days in a row!) I miss you guys soooo much. Why can't you guys just pack up and move out to California!?!?! Oh how I would LOOOOOVE that.



We're headed to Florida first thing tomorrow to see my Grandmother. She's already made a smorgasbord? or is it smorgasborg? have no idea. Anyway, she made a shitload of food for us including, Perogies, Galumpkies, Blueberry Cake and Lasagna. And tomorrow night my husband is attending a friend's annual summer Sausage Fest party. His buddy has a huge bash and cooks several different kinds of sausages: brats, dawgs, knockwursts (love that word) and each year a few meat heads try to beat last year's record of sausage consumption. Tom was in the running last year but I quickly shut him down once the sausages started making their way through his intestinal tract. Well this year he's flying solo so he may just come home with the title and trophy. Oh, dare to dream...


At least this year I don't have to sleep next to him!

4 comments:

Najia said...

Again, you have given me a much needed good laugh! My dentist is in Chicago as well. Actually, in Schaumburg. I have yet to find a dentist I like out here and it's been 6 years. Until then, I'll keep going to Dr. Musich.

Christina said...

I'm so glad you came to visit and I actually got to see you in person!!!! Have fun on your next leg.

Peter said...

Good to spend time with you, and your Mom, and friends... come back soon.

Oink!

Me said...

So good to see you guys too! I hope to get back again soon. =)