Saturday, July 07, 2007

sleep talker

I was in the middle of posting another entry when Tom starts talking in his sleep right now, as I type. (Yes, it's almost 2:00 am.) He just mumbled, "The table is wet where we keep the computer." I said, "Are you sure about that?" He says BACK to me, "Yeah, yeah thank you for agreeing with me." WHAT THE HELL was that???

He also sleep walks. One time before a big business trip he SHOT out of bed in the middle of the night, grabbed the remote control from the nightstand, walked over to his packed briefcase, OPENED up the briefcase, put the remote inside and then headed back to bed. It was one of the freakiest things I'd ever seen. I was too afraid to even ask him what he was doing for fear that he might go into a violent sleep walking rage and pummel me to death with the remote. (I remember seeing a Dateline episode where a man would sleep walk and do all sorts of really bizarre things - he tried to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich using his cordless phone as the bread.)

When I asked Tom to check his briefcase in the morning he found the remote and laughed, thinking I had put it there. I told him what he did during his sleep walking escapade and he had no memory whatsoever. Insert Twilight Zone music here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing you sleep at all with a cat sleeping on your head and a husband who talks in the midde of the night!