Monday, August 27, 2007

Can't wait for my trip!!!

I'm really looking forward to my trip to Greece in less than 2 weeks but I'm a bit nervous that all I'll get to see is charred remains of what used to be. I'm not much of a world traveler and in the past I've always traveled for pleasure, laying out on the beach, sleeping in late, cocktails poolside by noon. But this time I was really looking forward to learning more about the history and experience the culture of another country and see all that I can see in my 10 days abroad. I hate to admit it but my knowledge of the Greek culture doesn't extend much beyond the fact that I know where a Gyro comes from and that my husband tells me I have hair like Medusa when I wake up in the morning. So despite the fact that half the country is up in flames right now, I'm still hopeful that I'll get to venture out and see more than just the hotel room. And I don't mean to sound so selfish right now by saying all this because my heart goes out to all those people who have lost everything including lives in these fires. I can only imagine how incredibly devastating that would be. So please say prayers for those who are suffering through this horrific disaster and keep them safe from harm and also pray that the historical structures throughout the Greek landscape remain intact. What an awful tragedy to witness.

  • Greece on Fire


  • No comments: