Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Eh???


Tom had come home from work early and we were both talking in the kitchen over some cheese, crackers, grapes and wine. I was standing with my back to him cutting up some more of a blue cheese wedge. He's at the sink. I nibble on a couple pieces of cheese crumbles and say,

"I can't get past the fact that I'm eating mold."

He says,

"I know. Lately I've been thinking about that a lot."

me: "You have? Why? Is it bad for you?"

Tom: "No not bad. But it's something I think about."

me: "Ok you're freaking me out. I'm done with this cheese. You seem to have no problem eating it." (I slam dunk my piece of moldy cheese into the sink)

Tom: "Why did you just throw your cheese away?"

me: "It's covered in mold!! Look at it! I seriously think I could throw up now. I'm never eating blue cheese again." (spit spit spit)

Tom leans back and folds his arms across his chests and calmly states,

"I thought you said 'you're getting old'."

me: (still spitting in the sink) "What??? I didn't say that! Why? Do you think I am??"

Tom: "No I don't. I realize now, that you were talking about cheese mold."

me: "Yeah I was and I feel like I could throw up." (burp)

we both ponder this ridiculous miscommunication. I take a sip of wine and then say,

"So wait, back to what you thought I said...Do you think you're getting old???"

Tom: "Nevermind. Maybe I'm just going deaf."

1 comment:

Peter said...

If you two are going to bicker over the kitchen sink about things you misheard each other say, then let me tell you both: you need to have some kids. THAT'S just something parents do, mmkay?