Friday, August 24, 2007

Golf 101

Who's the idiot that said doing things one spouse loves to do, together, will bring you both closer? Is this guy still alive? All we discovered is that it brought us closer to killing each other.

Tom and I are trying to make more of an effort to do things together, like golf for example. He loves to golf, he golfs a lot, and I thought why not join him for a round or two so we can spend time together, doing something he loves? He's been coming for more runs with me around the lake and surprisingly when you're out of your own home, void of television, phone, and the internet an amazing thing starts to take shape. I forget what it's called, I think it starts with a "C". Oh wait, it's on the tip of my tongue, it's CON, CONVE, CONVERSATION!! What a lost concept. I highly recommend it.

So here's some footage of our day together on the course. Not much in the way of conversation on this outing, although some words were exchanged. I don't think we'll be golfing again together anytime soon.













6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gino said...

great blog and I don't mind the run on sentences. I found your blog through the CIsaak boards and the next thing I know I'm watching you and your husband play golf at TijerasCreek...I was just there Wednesday 8/22 for a charity event with a bunch of guys I work with. Then I ran into your blog with the bumblebee attack at CedarCreek too funny. I work right across the street with the loud truck and red lights flashing. Believe or not there are a bunch of Isaak fans in there.

Anyways Isaak and Kenney and the rest of the band rock and can't wait for the next SoCal concert. Rumor mill is sometime in February.... PalmDesert... check the boards.

Me said...

Wow! What a small world! And I'm thrilled to hear that the guys at station are CI fans too! February seems way too long to wait for another concert but I'll take it. I haven't checked the boards in a while but I willl. Did you hear that he was guest starring on some new show I think it was on TBS?

Gino said...

Yeah, it was the "Bill Engvall Show" on TBS, the guys and I watched it at the firehouse. The premise of the story is Bill is going to do something special for an anniversary so he buys Isaak tickets. His wife (Susan) doesn't want to go because she dated Isaak in college and didn't want it to be all weird, but of course they go. At the concert Isaak dedicates "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing" to Susan...."a girl who broke his heart." It was funny, especially with Kenney in the show. Take care and thank your friend chitown girl for the compliment....she made me blush.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I showed you! You deleted my post, so I've moved on to bigger and better! And definitely cuter!! Love ya,Girlfriend!!

Najia said...

Of all the things we talked about this weekend, the one thing we forgot was our love for music! A giant topic for next time, for sure. The Humphrey's concert series is winding down for the summer, but I'm inviting you NOW for a bunch of great concerts next summer. It's an incredible venue.

We miss you!

P.S. Whoever sees Chris Isaak first amongst you, please give him a kiss for me! :-)