Sunday, August 19, 2007

Guilty as Charged

Gosh! I really need to apologize for my lack of updates. It's almost been a week since I've posted which is just unacceptable. It's been a busy week/weekend but that's no excuse. In addition to my laziness, my lap top is still out of commission and only works in spurts, (for example if I'm facing due South, arms akimbo with my cell phone balancing open on my head.) It's beyond frustrating at this point. I met with my "Genius" the other day and let me tell you that the words MAC + Genius = Oxymoron. I won't go into details on this post but the next day I ended up spending close to an hour on the phone with MAC support (another oxymoron) and let's just say my conversation ended with me stating that it's time I invest in a PC. They weren't too happy about that. But oh well, what the hell, it's time for a Dell.

So...today's random snippet:

Tom and I were sitting in the family room watching golf, (WOW what a change of pace, can you believe it?!?) and he turns to me as I'm looking at him and we both say literally at the same time, "Hey, thanks for cleaning Chumley's litter."

Pause.

Then again almost in sync: "Wait, I didn't clean it."

"You didn't?"

"No."

"Neither did I."

and in walks Wrigley. Chomp. Chomp. Chomp.



Anyone have any idea what to do about this? While I love having an automatic kitty litter cleaner, it's just not sanitary. And let me also apologize to those of you who have been on the receiving end of Wrig's sloppy kisses.

6 comments:

Christina said...

Ewww. That is SO gross. Yuck.

I mean, about the computer.

Anonymous said...

OK, gross story aside, what I took away from this little story is that you and Tom still make it a point to thank each other for doing the boring/nasty/mundane chores that most people just take for granted. That's really beautiful. And, no, I'm NOT being my usual sarcastic self, I'm completely serious. I'm actually a bit envious. This is precisely why you two are so blissfully happy after all these years. Kudos to you!! Aww, now I REALLY miss you guys! :( And I don't even want to BYFFI...

Me said...

You know I never realized it before but we always thank each other for these stupid things. Like taking out the garbage or doing the dishes, or carrying up the laundry basket or even just making the bed in the morning. We both make a point to let the other one know that it does not go unnoticed. I don't know when that started, I think it has just always been the case with us. Thank you for pointing that out.

Now as for being "blissfully" happy?? You'd have to check with Tom on that one. Maybe that's a story for another day.

Najia said...

I was wondering when we'd get another story o' poop! :-) What is it with doggies and their love of cat shit? Nick used to snack on any piece he'd find along his daily walks if we didn't get to him first. Disgusting!

I don't know you and Tom very well, but if the Blog says it all I'd say you guys make a great couple.

Me said...

thanks Nick's mommy! We still on for Saturday?

Najia said...

Hell Yeah! My goal is to clear my inbox on my desk by Friday morning! Keep your fingers crossed!