Tuesday, August 07, 2007

my top 5



So I have to pick 5 blogs that I love.

Of course there is a tie for first, both Christina's and Peter's because they were the ones that introduced me to the blogging world. And I love reading about their lives (although Peter needs to update his a little bit) since I don't get to see my friends as often as I would like to, it's nice to peek into their world from the outside. They both have a lot to offer so add them to your blog library.

There are a few that I don't have linked on my blog, not really sure why, but some of the stuff on these blogs is pretty heavy but I religiously read Brainhell's blog and Snickollet's. They both have shown amazing courage, grace and humor as they face some of life's most difficult challenges. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think of them and pray for their strength.

I also ready Pretty in the City, who is a former high school classmate of mine, and we also worked together back in the late 90's at the Jenny Jones show in Chicago. She is now a well respected author and I highly recommend her books. And she's got a dog and a cat that have some rather interesting issues, so it makes me feel better about my crazy animals.

And I'll end with my new friend kbl2ord2san. Thanks to her Golden boy Nick, we've developed a friendship through the world of blogging and are planning to finally meet for a fun weekend filled with wine, animals and lots of laughs.

There are actually many more that I read but I won't even begin to list them on here. Maybe I'll just add the links to my template at some point. I guess you could say I'm somewhat addicted to reading about complete stranger's lives. Does that make me a voyeur? Yeah I guess so.

3 comments:

Lisa McGlaun said...

Thanks for passing on these cool links. And congrats on the award.

Najia said...

Ok, like I don't have a mountain of documents on my desk to review, right? Now I've got all these crazy cool links to blogs that I just HAVE to catch up on, of course.

I love Christina Shaver's blog and the Pretty in the City blog. I spent a good portion of the wee hours of this morning catchin' up on the adventures of Beverly and Elvis, Pretty in the City's pets. Oh, and of course, readin' all about Evan and Christina's summer.

Can you say blog addiction?! :-)

Me said...

So glad you enjoy the links. Blog addictions are a harmless vice, (as long as your not snorting lines or shooting up while you're reading them.)