Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jewels and Wine. What more could you ask for?


One of my favorite memories while in Greece took place at this fancy jewelry store in Fira, Santorini. We ended up befriending the owner of the store and after he gave us a personal tour of his INCREDIBLE winery (will post pics of that too at some point) we headed back to his jewelry store and played dress up with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of dazzling jewels. One of our key phrases of the trip was "Who do we think we are?!?" because so many amazing things just sort of happened along the way that we couldn't explain. This was one of those days.


Here I am sitting outside the jewelry store with my nice chilled glass of Greek wine greeting passerbys in my $150,000 peridot/diamond necklace. For a split second I thought about making a run for it but I was a bit sluggish after a couple glasses of wine.


Of course I'm kidding. I would never make a run for it, especially in heels.

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

You know I couldn't be less of a "girly girl" so you can keep the jewelry, and you know I don't drink (margaritas don't count. I guess tequila doesn't either!) so I have no interest in the wine. I do, however, want to know what those tasty treats are behind you. And one of those boxes says 'cookies.' God, I'm pitiful!

Me said...

I think those things in the bags behind me were some type of sweetened nut meat. OMG the food there...SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Everything was absolutely delicious. And since you like sweets I will tell you that I had a sweet vanilla/coconut roll thingy in the heart of Athens that I'm still dreaming about. I wish I would have brought some back!!!

Najia said...

I wish all Nut Meat was sweetened.

Thank you very much, folks, I'll be here all week.