Saturday, September 29, 2007

One night in Athens...

-We ate delicious seasoned sweet bread that we bought for 50 leptas from an old man riding by on his bike. And then decided to wear our bread as jewels so no one would take it from us...

-I sat smack dab in the middle of a crowded street just because I loved being in the heart of one of the most amazing cities on the planet...
-We walked home, very late at night (or early in the morning depending on how you look at it) and weren't exactly sure of all the twists and turns of where we were going. At times the streets were eerie, desolate and dark but it was invigorating!
DAMN I miss city living soooo much. I've never wanted to live in the 'burbs, but since we're here we've had to make the most of it and do enjoy the relaxed peacefulness it offers. But being back in the heart thumping energy of a bustling city certainly made me realize that's where I want to be.

No comments: