Saturday, October 06, 2007

Best Key Lime Martini in Town


Since moving here in '03 I have yet to find a place that makes a really good Key Lime Martini...until now. A girlfriend of mine (who I've known since high school and then randomly worked with years later on the Jenny Jones show) was visiting from NYC and on Friday we went out to a fabulous restaurant in LA called Jar. This place makes the BEST Key Lime Martini's. They were sooo delicious, not too sweet not too tart, just perfect. I lost count after my 3rd. We'll definitely head up there again soon.

Kind of put me in the baking mood so I found this simple recipe on line for Key Lime Pie. (though I don't recommend pairing the two together unless you want lime green poop)


KEY LIME PIE
1- 9" graham cracker pie shell
1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (whites not used)
1/2 cup Nellie & Joe's key west lime juice
Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350°F degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with freshly whipped cream and garnish with lime slices.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

I'll take a pie recipe over Cub bashing ANYDAY!! By the time you get your cute little behind back "home," my brother will have opened his new martini lounge, and I'll have him make you as many key lime martinis as you can drink. I'll just have to let him know to double his liquor order before you get here! ;-)