Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Public Service Announcement to all you Winos...

Quite possibly the WORST tasting wine I've ever laid my lips on...

Castoro Cellars 2006 Muscat Canelli

In my ongoing quest to find something new and exciting in the aisles of Trader Joe's I thought I'd give this wine a whirl. Oh MY God. It's just awful. Probably should have realized it wasn't going to win any awards by the $3.99 price tag and screw top (yes I know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that screw top = cheap ass wine but quite honestly, I liked the look of the bottle). And I like blended wines with Muscato so I thought perhaps I'd enjoy a full bodied Muscat. Not the case.

I'm trying to sip a glass of it as I type and it's giving me heart burn, acid reflux, a headache and spastic colon all at the same time. I never even knew that was possible. It's really quite disappointing since I was hoping this battery acid would compliment one of my favorite appetizers, Trader Joe's Pastry bites with feta cheese and carmelized onions. I highly recommend this dish and if you pair it with a green salad, you've got yourself one delicious meal. But I hate to waste food or drink so I think this wine will serve a higher purpose and eat away at the rust stains in the toilet. It's seriously that bad.

No comments: