Sunday, October 14, 2007

When was the last time you saw one of these???


Do you even know what that is? It is the inside of my rental car that I had last week and YES that is a roll up window!!! My rental car was a Chevrolet Aveo, made in 2006 and can you believe it did not have automatic windows or locks!?!?! I thought that came standard with every car made since 1982! I couldn't believe it. When the rental car guy led me to this vehicle I thought he was kidding and I laughed out loud. Then he tried to persuade me to purchase the extra insurance that covers all dents, dings and scrapes, and I kept telling him 'I'm not interested', 'thanks but no thanks', 'I already have coverage' and as I'm pulling out of the parking lot I'm fiddling with the bootleg radio not really paying attention and come within millimeters of SMASHING into another car pulling in. And of course this takes place in front of the building (which is all windows) where the rental car attendants are staring open mouthed, so I pull back into the parking space and begrudgingly sign up for the extra insurance.

I did manage to have some fun with it though. Remember, my girlfriend from Chicago was in town so we made the most of it and had quite a ball toolin' around LA in this hot rod.


Especially when we had to valet park. We'd make sure to tell the valet attendant to 'take good care of my Daewoo' and they would park it amongst all the Benz's, Porcshe's and Beemer's. Yeah, that's just how we roll.

No comments: