Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Football Game


The Packers/Giants game is on in the background and it makes me cold just looking at the TV. And Brett Favre isn't wearing any gloves! His hands must sting sooo bad whenever he makes contact with the ball. When they show the fans all bundled up in the crowd I think, "What IDIOTS!" I don't care if it is the game before the Superbowl or even the Superbowl game itself, when it's -40 you're ass should NOT be out there spectating. I wonder how many people in the Green Bay metropolitan area will call in sick to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Well, there are probably a lot who don't have to work tomorrow in honor of MLK. Last week, the morning show I listen to was talking about something they heard about the GB fans not showering for the entire week before the game. Supposedly, the natural body oils are supposed to somehow keep them warm? Shit, it's hard to huddle together for body heat when you stink, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It is freakin' cold here Laura! Glad the Packers lost :) I do admire them for being outside that long though, but I'm with you...no way would I sit outside...no matter who is playing!

Mary Beth said...

There are certain conditions when it's not feasible for humans to be outside - as far as I'm concerned anything below 50 is inhumane - anything with a negative is grounds for involuntary committal to a mental institution.

Tara J. Tew said...

I wish we knew how many men verses women were there???