Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nerd alert

I love my husband dearly, but there's no way around it...he's a geek. I was "shushed" several times last night while he was engrossed in a show about the History of the Zamboni. There's a new show on the Discovery Channel called "Some Assembly Required" and he is addicted to it. He loves to watch shows on inventions, how things are made, and the details and function of every working part. Last week he learned everything you need to know about the stackable potato chip. At least it's not useless information.

Another one of his favorites is the show Dirty Jobs. It's a pretty interesting concept if your stomach can handle some rather unpleasant situations. The host Mike Rowe is a crack up and reminds me of a cross between James Denton and David Letterman. The best part of the show is the end credits where they show the silly stuff and out takes. Ok, I guess I am a nerd too.

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

It takes one to know one!

Najia said...

Ok, listen up. He has GOT to watch the "Secret History of the Bra". Amazing! Do you know that when it comes down to it, our bras are basically the crude oil that is pumped out of the ground? Jeezaloo. I was BLOWN away.

I love Dirty Jobs. I'm with Chi-Town...it takes on to know one! Nerds of the world, Unite!

Anonymous said...

OK, so this has nothing to do with this post but.. Watching Ellen right now, and she's on the chair.. it is HYSTERICAL!!!

Me said...

meg: did you TIVO the Ellen show from Friday or is this Monday's episode?? I missed Friday so I'm hoping it's on today!

meg said...

It's on todays!!! You must tivo it!!

Me said...

Thanks so much Meg! You must be on the east coast and Ellen must come on early! It's not on til 4pm here. I set my DVR and can't wait to see it! I'm so glad you reminded me. =)

Mary Beth said...

I love Dirty Jobs (actually, I kind of have a thing for Mike Rowe.) But who in their right mind came up with the idea for this show? Can you see the sales pitch? Okay, here's the deal. We're going to come up with the most DISGUSTING things we can think of, find a job that matches it, and send YOU off to do it. Oh yeah, and when we run out of ideas, we're going to ask the sicko audience who watches us to come up with some. Does that sound cool or what?!