Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sisterhood

Ok so I may have mentioned in earlier posts that my sister and I like to frequent this Indian restaurant near our town because a) the food is PHENOMENAL and b) we can act like complete morons and have yet to be kicked out. I'm not really sure how this whole thing started but we've been going there for over a year now and every time we make an appearance we seem to incorporate different antics and props while we dine. We tend to go during off peak times (between 3 and 4pm) and for the most part the place is empty. And typically only one glass of wine is consumed.

Some things that we do...

- We always clap when the waitstaff appears at our table even if they are coming to bring us water.
- We wear big red wax lips and/or crazy glasses...


- We like to put a piece of dark food on a front tooth and speak seriously with our waiter while he struggles to keep a straight face.
- We've now decided that before we dine I must do a celebratory cartwheel in the middle of the restaurant. I pulled this off today (luckily before the wine was served) and our waiter exclaimed, "HOW NICE!"
- We like to spell words on our plate using pieces of food (and yes, I apologize for the last one but it was the only thing we could spell given the shape of the food pieces)....




- We like to wear Billy Bob teeth and take them out and place them on the table when we're finished eating...

- We often bring fake bugs and lizards and share our meal with them...


-When we leave we can only walk backwards and we must salute the waitstaff (who have all gathered together to watch the finale) as we exit the restaurant.

You know, as I type this out it and post it on here I'm guessing that some of you may think this sounds a bit...insane?? So even though I have more to add I'll quit now while I still have a head. But to my sister and I, these things just come natural and we have a bond that no one else can understand except the two of us. And it doesn't matter how many years pass us by, when we're 85 we're still gonna act like assholes and wheel ourselves over to the Indian restaurant, dentures and Depends in tow.

Just one of the many benefits of sharing a womb and shooting out of the same birth canal.

Sisterhood: I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

Najia said...

I just think that your dad lets out giant, full-bellied laughs as he watches his pretty girls taking so much after him. I imagine heaven pausing for a moment to absorb the energy of his laughter.

Me said...

Awwww, my sweet friend. You always make me smile (even through tears).

You are one of my favorite people in this world.

=)

ChiTown Girl said...

How do you two not have your own reality show?! Everytime I read one of these crazy posts, it makes me miss you all the more :(

Najia said...

Awww, thanks my tiny new friend. It is the truth though. It is the truth. You two are your father's daughters for sure. It's a book I would read if written. Or a movie I would see if filmed. Maybe one day you can do so.

Or, as ChiTown says, how about a reality show?

Do you all talk in an Indian accent? Tee hee! I can do a dead-on Apu. I'm so serious.

:-)

Mary Beth said...

My two sisters and I have only to say one word to each other and we're in hysterics. And no one around us (except my mother) understands it. But in defense of the males in my family, no one can make me laugh harder than my two younger brothers when they get going. There was a lot of liquid exiting by nasal cavities at Christmas this year because they always managed to get one of us right after we'd taken a drink. That's my family - the definition of sophistication:) But oh so much fun!