Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I love these pads!

Since I've been sticking to a budget for '08 I've eliminated facials from my monthly spending. I found these amazing beta hydroxy pads from Trish McEvoy that make your skin feel soft and exfoliated, fresh from a facial clean! And the other thing I noticed is that you can actually cut the pads in half and still get the full effect. I guess this would depend on your overall face size - if it's small to average size, half the pad works fine. But if you happen to have a pancake face like this then I'd recommend using the entire pad.

So for $65 you get 40 pads, which cut in half = 80. That comes out to about .81 cents a pad. And you're only supposed to use these pads on average 2 times a week so they have the potential to last you up to 10 months. $6.50 a month sure the heck beats a $150 facial!

I will find any reason to justify a shopping purchase.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Have you tried anything from Dr. Harushka? http://www.drhauschka.com/

They sell the line at Whole Foods and I think I'm a convert. It's still as expensive as the department store make-up counter, so you don't save any money there. (Too bad.) BUT, I've never had anything work so well on my skin. I am a convert for life, I think.

They sell starter samples for $25, and it gives you everything you need for your skin type. My skin has never looked so clear and peachy.

Anyway, if you're in the market...

JN said...

ohhh thanks for the telling us about this product...I don't have the time or money for a monthly facial so this will be perfect!
Have a good day!

ChiTown Girl said...

As I was scrolling down, obviously the first thing I saw was "I love these pads!" and thought I had stumbled onto the PMS blog by accident ;-)

BTW, I'm a strickly water girl. 20 splashes each morning!