Wednesday, May 21, 2008

not good

A package arrived today that was packed in Dry Ice and when I went to remove the bag of ice it broke and spilled out all over the floor. Wrigs came rushing over and I know that stuff is dangerous so I scooped up the rocks of ice with my bare hands and now the palm of my right hand is spotted with red and burning. I just asked google about the potential hazards of handling dry ice and I'm starting to freak out. But if Wrigley would have swallowed any of this it could have killed him. So I guess if I had to choose I'd rather lose my hand than my dog. But still, this sucks. My ice hand is on fire!!!

Hand update, 12:55: My palm is not as red and it doesn't burn anymore but my middle and ring fingers are still splotchy and tingly. It feels like poison ivy, very itchy. So here goes my stupid question: Should I put ice on my ice hand??

2 comments:

HWHL said...

You did the right thing.

I just found out not long ago that grapes and raisins are potentially toxic for dogs. It seems vets should have this POSTED in their offices (!!)

It can cause renal failure.

Anonymous said...

I would suggest a good, clear aloe gel. Aloe, as a natural anti-inflammatory, should help. Even better if you have a plant on your window sill.