Sunday, May 18, 2008

"You are Boobs"

Our neighbors had a Diecisiete de Mayo party last night (they couldn't do it on the 5th) and the whole neighborhood was in attendance. There was a ton of food, lots to drink and a bunch of little ones. The youngest, (who is the one about to hit the ground in the hammock mishap photo) is quite the practical joker and loves the fart machine (she calls it "the farter"), fake poo and has already become an expert in prank calls. I swear, she is the ideal child.

She also likes to tell me funny stories or show me funny things that she can do and it's such a crack up. Last night at the party she comes over to me hiding an envelope behind her back. She whispers in my ear (so no one else could hear) "Look what I found." And she hands over the envelope making sure no one else sees it. Written on the front in scribbled child's handwriting are the words "YOU ARE BOOBS". I almost choked on my laughter. I asked her if she wrote it and she shook her head no but started to smile somewhat deviantly. I asked, "Who do you think wrote this?" Without skipping a beat she said, "I'm sure it was one of the boys." I said that maybe she should show her mom and she defiantly shook her head no. I'm guessing she knew her mom would recognize the handwriting right away.

I love this kid.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I think you found your soul mate!

Anonymous said...

Adopt her!

TTQ said...

you said boobs. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I agree with Karyn, I am going to start using "you are boobs" and see if it catches on!
I am a bit late, but sorry to hear about the tree. Sucks, but at least you tired!

Suzanne said...

So cute.

lizziebelle said...

that is funny, i had a vientesiete de enero party once. on january 27th.