Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Berry Picking Bust

I got busted for berry picking over the fence by my neighbors (it's their tree). They were totally cool about it though (I gave them a sack of peaches last week). So my neighbor is outside and sees me peering over the fence like Wilson from Home Improvement and he says, "You want some Lo-Kwats too?" I say sure! So he picks some off the tree and hurls them one by one over the concrete wall. I got Lo-kwated in the forehead.
Here's a pic of our shared wall...


And here's a pic of their lucious berries...


And here's a pic of Chumley watching me pick the berries...


And here is my mid day snack...



I love it here.

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

NICE.
Living on the coast(s) has many advantages....
aside from earthquakes and hurricanes...we have FRESH fruit.

HWHL said...

Absolutely LOVE fresh Summer produce.... my daughter and I bought 2 lbs of fresh cherries the other day (perfect, dark, firm, ripe and SWEET) and ate them ALL. It was like that scene from the Witches of Eastwick (except we didn't get sick on them....)

Summer ROCKS for so many reasons.... and fresh fruit and veggies is one of them. :-)

TTQ said...

We had babies in our garden! We are the proud owners of a PINAPPLE farm! It started as a lark, then we strted hitting up our local grocery store for the tops they have left over from the readyto eat packages..and voila 18 babies two years later, oh and a very bad placement of blackberries that got tangled amongst them. We have bananas too! And a varity of veggies. All of this stuff is where my pool should go.. but until we trip over ten thousand free dollars a garden will have to suffice for now.
Damn being an adult and having priorities.

TTQ said...

oy I can't spell pineapple

amanda said...

It is easy to see why you love it there. If it weren't the other side of the country from my family, I would move in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

Will you be going to Vegas in July?

aaron said...

Hi :)

Just a heads up, I'm now going to be a frequent reader of your Blog since I can't peer over your fence from where I am now.

aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moooooog35 said...

I hate my neighbors.

I usually lob rocks and sh*t over the walls at them.

I love it here.

Stephanie said...

I loooooooove the fruits and veggies here. It's so nice to live here for that reason. One of many. Your snack looks tasty!