Thursday, June 19, 2008

Girl's Night In

Tonight my sister is coming over for a Girl's night. I've got one of our favorite wines chilling as I type. We'll have 7- layer taco dip, chicken pesto-lime wraps and a yummy Greek salad for dinner. And for dessert I'm doing the usual, fresh cut strawberries dipped in low fat sour cream then dipped in course brown sugar. It's the most refreshing summer treat, you simply must try it. We plan on cranking up the tunes, playing songs on the piano (the animals like to dance) and enjoying the warm summer night in between our wine sips. Heck we may even sleep under the stars. I love summer.

10 comments:

Najia said...

Awww, I can't wait til my baby sis moves out here!!! You are so lucky! Can I come too? :-)

Me said...

Yes, we'd love to have you! But you'd be required to bring both Achilles and Milo. But I think my sister would end up kidnapping Milo. She still talks about their love fest at Wrig's party! They were both smitten.

Najia said...

OMG! You don't even know how badly I would LOOOOOVE to come up. There is a TON going on right now and I haven't waxed in over 2 weeks. TMI, huh? Sorry.

But, tell your sister I said hi and give her a very, very soft hug. I don't want you busting any sutures! Milo sends his obligatory 3 licks and a love bark. ;-)

Suzanne said...

Sounds like my kind of night.
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care-Suz

HWHL said...

That sounds INCREDIBLE!
What a perfect menu, and a perfect evening - I love Girls Night!

ChiTown Girl said...

PLEASE don't pop any more stitches while you boogie the night away!! Sounds like the perfect evening. I'm actually on my way to spend the evening with my baby brother at the bar. Woo hoo!! Ain't family great? ;-)

lizziebelle said...

ohhh that sounds fabulousssss. i want to come and bring my sisters. the universe would explode though because that would be way too much awesomeness and hotness. i'll just sit here with my dog and my ibs and my hormones and my wine. hope you are feeling better and have so much fun. as kanye says...

"you're a star how could you not shine?" i mean actually he says "i'm a star how could i not shine" but i took editorial liberties on this comment to cater it to you. i do what i want...xo

Lizy said...

Hope you had a great night and didn't go bike riding after a few 'vasos de vino' like me... Haven't been able to walk in like 4 days!!!

The Engine of the Family said...

Say hi to your sister for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Sour cream, not whipped cream??