Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Good MORNING!

***UPDATE***
I just left my water logged clothes from this morning laying on the bathroom floor. Lazy yes, but as I said my head was pounding and it would have been too much to bend down and pick them up to launder. BIG mistake - Chumley pissed all over them. Sadly, this is not something out of the ordinary for this cat but I really could have done without this little distraction. He also peed on Tom's favorite sweatshirt less than a week ago and Tom instilled a new rule in the house that NO CLOTHES WERE TO BE LEFT ON THE FLOOR, ON THE BEDS, OVER A CHAIR, ETC. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE HUNG UP AT ONCE! I hate it when he's right. My headache was better but I can feel it coming back. And it's almost 1:00 and there is STILL NO SIGN OF SUN!!! I'm losing it people, I kid you not, I am LOSING MY F*CKING MIND RIGHT NOW.

It's gloomy, I'm grumpy, a pipe burst and I have a splitting headache. All this before 7:30 this morning. My neighbor called to say that the front of our house was flooded. I went out and tried to find the water shut off valve and couldn't because it was a fricking swimming pool. Water was shooting out so fast and with so much force. I came back inside and called the water company's after hours "emergency" number and there was no answer or machine to leave a message. Their regular business hours are from 8-5 so I said stuff it I'll just wait a half hour but the water was GUSHING out of the broken pipe and pouring onto the yard and sidewalk. Then of course I had to pee so after I flushed the toilet it sounded like water was going to come shooting through the walls. My neighbor's husband came over and finally found the shut off valve which was buried in no less than 2 feet of water. We were both soaked from head to toe because the water would randomly shoot up like a geyser. I may or may not have shouted a few choice words in the presence of passerbys on their morning stroll.

On a brighter note, I'm having my stomach cut open on Monday. I'm going in for laparoscopic surgery to help alleviate some issues with my menstrual cycles from hell and explore some other issues of concern. They will make 3 small incisions on my stomach, one near the belly button and then two a bit lower on either side. Yay! Scars!

My head is POUNDING right now and I'm not supposed to take any aspirin because of the upcoming surgery. I think I'm going to step outside and get some fresh (though gloomy) air and walk Wrigs. And once the sun pops out I could always go for a swim in my front yard.

12 comments:

Gberger said...

What a way to start your day. Doesn't this stuff always happen when the husband is on a business trip? I think there is a sort of "law" that things have to break then. Faucets break, dryer melts, basement leaks...all during Gregg's travels. You have my sympathies.
I hope your headache goes away quickly, and that the upcoming surgery is clear and simple. (Maybe you will have to close the PMS Blog, or hand it off, if you eliminate the need for it. It would be a loss to the blogisphere, but maybe a gain to you.)
Blessings on your day...it can only get better, after starting like this!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your surgery but omg you make me laugh so hard. "on a brighter note"..I just thought that was funny.

Hope you'll be ok and no more nasty cycles but what will we do with no PMS blog?

ChiTown Girl said...

My sweet friend! I'll be sending you prayers for your upcoming "procedure." Be sure to call or write me and let me know what's happening.

Sorry about the lake in your front lawn. You always wanted beachfront property, didn't you?

Najia said...

You won't know it since you'll be out of it, but I'm going to come into the surgery room and help Tom hide the pantyliner backing. Game on!

Afterwards, I'm going to tickle you or give you a zerbert and see if you'll react. Probably not.

:-)

"On a brighter note", I'm so glad you and Tom have decided to move into "beachfront property". It's the best, no?

Ok, enough of that nonsense...
I miss you my tiny friend! I'm sure you've received random missed calls from me. Just seeing how you're doing and how everything is chuggin' along. I'll be praying for your safe procedure on Monday. Right after I zerbert your tummy.

Love,
me

Mary Beth said...

I'd be a little worried after kbl's comment - who knows where that liner backing will next show up? I had laproscopic surgery to have my gall bladder taken out - it was relatively painless but it took me about 2 months to get back to my normal energy level. Plan for lots of sleep:) I'll be sending you lots of positive vibes on monday.

ChiTown Girl said...

why doesn't Tom ask the doctor if he can sew the pantyliner wrapper right into your incision? i think he'd definitely be the winner then!

Suzanne said...

Wow. What a morning. that will certainly give anyone a headache.

*Waterfront property IS SO hard to come by anymore....
I hope the surgery is easy and has a good outcome for you. Scars suck.....get some maderma and use it asap. Victoria's Secret won't hire you with scars.
Well, I guess they could airbrush them out....that is what they did with my c-section scar. :)

Anonymous said...

"randomly shoot up like a geyser" -my favorite part. I haven't had a morning/day this bad in awhile. I feel for ya. My days usually go bad on Fridays, and its usually at work. Best wishes with the surgery, but I'm sure I'll talk to you before then.

amanda said...

Some sick ideas are being sent Tom's way for that pantyliner wrapper :)

I can only imagine the headache and escalation of it. I will be thinking of you on monday. The best advice I can give you is to get up and walk the minute you are fully awake. It helps with the pain and makes the whole experience much better. I think I may have to make nurse hats to send out to Chumley and Wrigley (Can you imagine....)

Me said...

Listen people, if I wake up with a panty liner wrapper sewn into my stomach or left inside my uterine cavity I'll know who to blame!!!

HWHL said...

Dang, girl! (That's a 'southern expletive', by the way....).

You've had a helluva day!

But hopefully the surgical procedure will be able to help the female issues. (Funny that we ALL thought of the pantiliner and the operating room in the same thought.... ha ha ...)

Keep your chin up!

Little Miss Diva said...

What a brutal day! Hope things get better for you.