Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Gas & Such

They (whoever "they" are) said that gas prices would hit $5 before July 4th. Well, they were right. Gas stations in LA have now surpassed the $5 mark. And in Beverly Hills, off Santa Monica Blvd. premium gas is $5.39. It's especially fun to watch your gauge marker float downward while crawling along the freeways. But even still... I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!!!

Also a couple people thought I lived in San Diego. I don't, I live in Orange County which is between LA and San Diego. Convenient to get to both places, IF, there's not a lot of traffic.

And here is my favorite place on earth, the place I am going to miss the most: Laguna Beach. I thought the song was fitting too. So many beautiful memories here. And there's still time to make more.

6 comments:

HWHL said...

Hmmm. I was one of those people who thought you lived in SD. But sadly, I have never been to Southern California (other than changing planes in LAX, which doesn't count), so my geography knowledge of the area is lacking. However, it's definitely on my list of Places to See.

When you mentioned Laguna Beach, I chuckled to myself. A couple of years ago (before I fled Corporate America), I had to plan, down to the last painful detail, a lovely Corporate Boondoggle Trip for my boss to the Laguna Niguel area. She and several of her "clients" (read: CRONIES) stayed at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel. To say I was pea green with envy would be a gross understatement.

They had a lovely time (thanks to my meticulous planning and flawless organization) and she brought me back a stuffed dolphin, to say thank you. (I kid you not.)

Eventually, Hubster and I will stay there ourselves. And I'm sure it will be incredibly lovely. :-)

HWHL said...

Amazing video. I can easily see why you don't want to leave.

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to move? Seattle isn't so bad. I use to live in Vancouver/the lower mainland before moving to aust. The rain isn't so bad. summers are usually great. The one thing i miss most about that area is how drastic the change of seasons are. It's very special i think. Here u never know that its fall, winter, spring..nothing changes its always the same the only difference is the heat of summer. but trust me u will get use to the weather there. or maybe not. ..lol im still struggling with the weather here. i hate it.

Anonymous said...

I add Laguna Beach, California as a place to visit when I travel the United States one day!

Turi
Brussels

lizziebelle said...

ohhh my best friend lives in dana point. gorzy!

Anonymous said...

I would be making plans for a cheap 2nd home somewhere that I can count on the sun to be shining. I need an escape route!