Monday, June 16, 2008

Sooooooo tired


I'm home and have been sleeping most of the day. The surgery was a success and I'm in minimal discomfort. Just some shoulder and chest pain which is a common side effect due to the gas they inject into your body. I guess it settles in the neck and upper back area but it's really not bad. My doctor indicated that there was a substantial amount of Endometrial lesions and took an hour to get all of them. Next week we are discussing further treatment options (including Lupron injections for 6 months) to prevent them from growing back. Not quite sure I want to go there. Don't really want to invite the side effect of depression into my life, especially with our upcoming move. I'm hoping there's a plan B for this.

Thanks to all of you who prayed. I feel really good right now just very sleepy so I'm going back to bed. Oh and I haven't seen Wrigs since 5:30 this morning (he's too jumpy) so I'm going through SERIOUS Wrig's withdrawal. Chumley has played nurse maid and has been laying on the bed with me for most of the day and has NOT been attacking. Both Tom and I are shocked and thrilled about this. Animals know what's up.

18 comments:

Suzanne said...

awwww get your rest while you can. take Tom up on a bit of spoiling too...you can drag it out.
The animals DO know when Mom is not feeling well.
Sleep well

Lindsey said...

Glad to hear it went well! Sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Gberger said...

Blessings to you, and SWEET dreams!

HWHL said...

So glad you are well and the surgery was successful.... I was going to "tag" you earlier today, but knew you'd be recuperating.

See you in the blogosphere when you are feeling back to yourself.

Glad Chumley has been sweet for you today. :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad all went well, rest up!

Stephanie said...

Glad you're doing okay!

aaron said...

Be well soon! I'm so glad things went well. Miss ya.

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you're doing ok. Rest, and feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't expecting a blog so soon! And you sound coherent and not doped up (that's no fun). Glad things went well. I know my animals get all concerned if I'm crying.

I should have a new video of the beasts posted soon. Take more drugs and sleep for me!

Tara J. Tew said...

Haven't been reading as much since I'm without a laptop, but I hate to hear that you are under the weather.. I so look forward to reading your blog... I'm sending prayers and hope you have a fast recovery...

Lizy said...

Great to read you're oke!

ChiTown Girl said...

So glad things went well. Rest up, and enjoy the love from Chum while it lasts. I have a feeling he'll be attacking you in no time! ;-)

Mary Beth said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Feel better soon!

The Engine of the Family said...

I hope you are up and feeling better soon! I can't believe Chums is behaving himself :) I'll be thinking of you!

LBluca77 said...

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Maggie said...

Very happy things went well...gets some rest!

amanda said...

Chumley, I knew you had it in you...

TTQ said...

Oh email me! I need details, is it worse than a colonoscopy or endoscopy? If it keep srthe attacks at bay it will alll be good.