Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tim Russert's Rainbow

I heard about this on Anderson Cooper last night. Tim Russert's memorial service concluded with the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Once outside, the mourners were greeted with a GIANT double rainbow in the middle of the sky. Coincidence? I think not. It's amazing to imagine what other forms we can take once we leave our earthly bodies. How incredibly f*cking cool is that? Something all of us will experience when the time is right.

Take a few minutes to listen to the song and think about those who have become the "rainbows" in your life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image, loving thoughts,
LOUSY language!

HWHL said...

That is so cool! I had not heard that, and now I am so happy you shared that!

You know, he touched so many people and really showed all of us "how to live life".... with honesty, fairness, kindness and a Big Grin. The world is a better place because of him.

This post made me day!

Najia said...

I agree with HWHL! This post totally made my day. Watching his son speak made me cry so hard. He was an amazing man. I am going to miss him so much. Weird to say that about someone I'd never met, but he allowed us to know him so well it feels like I knew him forever.

This post also reminds me of the rainbow I saw after Nick's death. Do you remember that. I blogged about it and posted the picture. So true that we show ourselves to our loved ones in so many ways after death. Did you read Karen's post about Katie's death and then the north wind blowing through her bedroom? Wow. That north wind was Katie.

Shivers are running up and down my spine.

Suzanne said...

awwww. thanks for sharing. very nice picture.

Sugar Jones said...

That is absolutely amazing!

I love the version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow that you linked up. I once worked at a hotel in Marin where Israel stayed. I had to take care of quite a few special requests. His assistant was asked to bring me to meet him so that he could thank me for all of the arrangements. I was like, "Sure, no problem. So you're a singer? Well, break a leg!" He was very sweet... and I had no clue who he was...

Christina said...

I cried when I read this. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Thank you I have added to Tim's Site
Send your comments & blessing to the russert family

http://www.TimRussertMSNBC.com