Friday, June 06, 2008

Wrigley

In the midst of our incredibly chaotic, ever-changing, life of stress, it's nice to know some things remain constant - like Wrigley's menagerie of toys (including Chumley's bear). This is what I come home to...

Notice how the one bone is standing straight up beside Chum's bear. It's almost like he's conducting some sort of ritual. It's a little too Blair Witchy for my taste.

After he stuffs his face with dinner I let him outside to lie down and watch the "birdies" in flight. This is his early evening routine. He's such a simple soul.


Then he hears me in the study working on a project. He can't resist so he pops up to see what's going on...


I tell him nothing to see here, just go back to watching the birdies.


But he can't resist. He sees paper and scissors and some craft baskets out and it's just too much for him to handle.


He whines to come back inside and with a face like that, how can I resist. He's here with me now, as is the other 4 legger and I spend the majority of my time breaking up fights between the two of them or chasing Wrig's around the house with something in his mouth. I'm glad some things never change.

10 comments:

Gberger said...

What a beautiful face! A picture IS truly worth 1000 words.

I do love his "still life with bone." Maybe you should start photographing his "art" and selling the pics. You might open your own gallery and start a new rage. What do you think?

Hope your craft project made you happy today. {Hugs}

HWHL said...

Look at that FACE!!! I think Wrigley has one of the most sweet and expressive dog faces I've ever seen. I just want to hug him. :-)

We used to have a cat, Jasmine, who had a "thing" for my husband's socks. We would leave in the morning for work, and come home and she would have gone into the hamper (or the dryer, if we left it open) and literally would have taken ALL of his socks, clean or dirty, and strewn them all around the house.
One time we caught her in the act... she had one in her mouth and was rushing up the stairs to place it somewhere, and she looked up and saw us, and was very startled, and let out a muffled "Meow?!" and dropped the sock.

I love pets' little quirks. :-)

HWHL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh...the first thing I thought of when I saw the pic was....Blair Witch. Freaky right?
The animals are so funny w/ their Toys (treasures)
Cute.

HWHL said...

I definitely see an Emmy nomination in Chumley's future.
:-)

(And - I gotta say - the whole time I was watching I was halfway looking for the panti-liner wrapper.... LOL.)

You, Tom, Wrigs and Chumley are all adorable. :-)

TTQ said...

Dogs have the pout down pat. They try to fool you with sad eyes. My beagle is trying to get us to pick him up and put him in bed instead of using the doggie stairs. He an jump up just fine. He's just big baby. We are not giving in yet.

Maggie said...

He has the sweetest face, makes my heart just melt...give me that look Wrigley and the world is yours...how do you like your steak? Want to go for a walk? Sleep in my bed and I'll sleep in the dog bed? Sure!!! You name it cutie!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. And that look on his face......woofty!!!

Gberger said...

You had better keep Chumley off the web today. Have you seen Karyn's photos of Bev in a pig suit? Just for his own good.
Love ya.

Najia said...

I LOVE it when Wrigs cocks his head to the side like that. Sooo handsome!!! Give him a huge hug and ton of kisses on his beautiful head for me. Auntie misses him like crazy...that lovable furball! (Chumley too!)