Friday, July 11, 2008

New Peepers

I thought I'd go out on a limb and try some new eye shadow. I saw this palette of colors by Maybelline at Target so I got it and I LOVE it. The colors are called "Designer Chocolates" and I have variations of all these shadows in individual MAC pots but now I have all of them together and really, I don't see a difference in quality when it comes to department store vs. drug store eye shadows. I also like the back of the compact, which shows a picture of an up close eye and tells you where and how to apply each color. I typically don't wear eye shadow so when I try to apply it for special occasions I forget which shade goes where and often end up looking like a cheap whore. So I find this little visual aid quite useful. And these colors are soft and neutral and would work with most eye colors. I'll have to do some experimenting before the concert tomorrow...

1 comment:

HWHL said...

I have this same one and I use it often. I have very fair skin, dark hair and hazel eyes.... as long as you don't go overboard you won't look cheap, and it will bring out your eyes.

I used to only use Clinique products but then I saw some expose on TV and they tested the "high priced" products against the drugstore kind.... absolutely no difference.

I do buy high quality moisturizer but as far as regular cosmetics, I use drugstore kind.

Isn't being a girl such fun?! :-)