Wednesday, July 30, 2008

just things

Remember how I lost and found my i-pod? Well now it's officially gone. I left it sitting on the middle seat of a 747 on my way to Seattle last week. My flight left at 6am but the super shuttle picked me up at 2:30 in the morning and I hadn't slept in 2 days. I'm really bummed though, I loved that pod and I miss my music.

I've been using my Wen hair care products and so far so good. It definitely makes your hair softer and silkier. The only thing is that you have to use about 40 pumps per shampoo (for long hair). Not kidding. I'll be lucky if it lasts a month. I tried cutting that down a bit and it still softens the hair but I think it really helps to completely saturate it and let it soak into your hair for as long as possible. It's definitely not something you can rush through in the shower so days when I'm rushing, I don't use it.

I'm realizing that we still have soooooo much crap in this house that just needs to go. I'm trying to simplify and purge (do I really need 5 same sized seasonal spatulas?!?) but the weeding out process is challenging. I start, make a mess, then stop and throw the mess back into a closet or cabinet, making it even worse. Hard to let go of things but why? They are just things. But these things are limiting our choices on places we can live in Seattle. What chapter of A New Earth talks about letting go? I need to find that book amongst all this crap and re-read.

4 comments:

HWHL said...

I find the weeding out process very difficult as well. We have a basement and all the stuff we don't need in everyday life gets brought down there and DUMPED (literally).
On the rare occasion I go down there to look for something, I get completely overwhelmed by all the CRAP we have. It's amazing. And slightly depressing. One of my "someday" projects is to just get RID of it all..... so, I relate to what you're dealing with. It's not fun.

Good luck with Chipped Tooth and the doggie dentist. Chocolate Labs can be a handful... Diva is now up to 20 lbs (she is just shy of 3 months) and is an absolute terror.....)

HWHL said...

btw - if you talk to KBL, tell her I said "hi!"
I'm sure she's swamped with Wedding What-Not, but I definitely miss her presence in the Blogosphere.... it will be nice when life settles down enough for her to re-join the blogging community. :-)

Anonymous said...

I need 5 spatulas because usually 4 are dirty between the sink and dishwasher when I need one.

ChiTown Girl said...

I just saw the infomercial for Wen for the first time Sunday. Glad to hear it actually works like it claims it does.

I'm with you on the "can't let go of crap" thing. One day I'll post the before and after pictures of my basement. I seriously need Oprah to send a crew to my house. The mess simply moved from the basement to the garage. I need professional help!!!