Saturday, September 27, 2008

I should be more upset that...

-We will miss the cut off to register to vote in the state of Washington by ONE DAY. So now I am doing a vote by mail ballot (previously known as absentee ballot) for the state of California. Thing is, I can't let the state know that we're moving out of state. I need the ballot sent to our new home in Seattle but obviously that will raise red flags. This is tricky and this is what I'm trying to figure out right now in the midst of packing/cleaning. And OF COURSE, my printer doesn't want to cooperate so I can't print out the applications!

-Tom will be on a golf trip Monday and Tuesday, the days the movers will be here to pack up our house. Yes, the timing of this sucks (it's a trip he had planned months ago) but I've done this before without him here so I'll just f*cking do it again.

-We have been waiting for a refund check from Audi for over a month now and still nothing. It's over $4000 and believe me, we could use this money! Last year Tom's timing belt blew (on the freeway) and it was right after his car was serviced by Audi. Then a few months ago we get a letter in the mail saying that we will be refunded the money. Why do I think it will show up the day we move? I'm going to see if our neighbors will take in whatever mail doesn't get forwarded on. In fact, I should make a set of labels and have forwarding envelopes ready. I'll do that now. Oh F*CK the printer!!!

-About a week ago we ordered the Peticure online (thanks to another late night informercial) and after the fact, realized we should have had this sent to our new address. I'm sure this will show up the same day as the refund check.

I hope eventually my head pops out of my ass.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy my Saturday morning ritual of listening to Car Talk while sipping my last Green Tea Latte. I'm officially out of the mix.

Holy Crap I just heard Paul Newman died. Wow, this is so sad.

3 comments:

Zanzibarfly said...

If you have your absentee ballot sent to your CA house and have your mail forwarded from there to WA, would that take care of your problem?

It is not likely that they would connect all the dots until after your vote already counted.

Alternatively, couldn't you register to vote in WA even though you are not physically in the state. You have a residence there, which is all you need I think.

Anonymous said...

I would be pissed too because of the timing of the golf trip. What the hell is car talk?

Anonymous said...

OMG, Paul Newman died?!!!