Friday, September 19, 2008

poor Chumley

Earlier this evening I was about to respond to Clippy Mat's comment about where Chumley goes when people come through to view our home and then I realized, "Hmmmm, haven't seen Chum in a while." Then I remembered I never let him out of the bathroom after the last agent came through...almost 3 hours ago.

I feel awful.

Thing is, the last agent totally caught me off guard. It was right after the "flea" man came through (more on this later, including video!!) and this guy didn't call first, which it clearly states to do in the MLS and on a giant sign on our front door. This guy just rang the door bell and then started trying to open the door. When I came to the door, rather annoyed, he asked, "Is your mother home?" Not sure if he was blind as a bat or trying to butter me up but either way, I was still pissed off.

He then says (as he reads the sign on the door) that he didn't call first. No shit sherlock. Then he tells me that it's just him, no clients could he just quickly preview the home.

More to say on this but I'm too tired. Just got home from night out...

8 comments:

Gberger said...

WOW. I hope he really IS a realtor; that's a bit of an odd-sounding exchange. I always wish I had a snappy answer ready, but it's probably a good thing I don't. I can't wait to hear about the Flea-Man. God bless you.

Lindsey said...

Are you allowed to say "Not no, but hell no!" ??

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised he didn't invite himself to dinner and bring a sleeping bag.

SHEESH!

Anonymous said...

Hope flea guy makes an offer.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Some people have a lot of nerve. We had this happen too. One time I was home sick and realtors showed up. I did not answer the door. They spent about 15 minutes going all around the house looking for a door that was unlocked. crazy

Anonymous said...

I am kind of with Karen on this one. Some random stranger could come knocking on your door.

Christina said...

Have you seen Million Dollar Listing on Bravo? I think the show is over now. But one of the realtors actually BROKE INTO A HOUSE that he THOUGHT MIGHT be for sale. With his clients. Those people are ruthless and have no sense of boundaries.

Clippy Mat said...

poor chumley.
no wonder the poor thing has 'toilet issues'. ;-)