Monday, September 29, 2008

time out

Movers are here today. I needed 5 minutes to sit and gather my strength.

Got one hour of sleep last night.

Intense thunder and lightning storms late last night and early this morning.

I am starting to feel sick and my energy levels are zapped. In addition to the stress of the move we've had some family crisis's arise in the last week.

Tom's Dad is in the hospital for a recurring illness. Please keep him in your prayers.

My aunt (my mom's sister) fell and broke her hip and now has pneumonia. It doesn't look very good. My mom is flying down to see her tomorrow and if there was any possibility I could go I would be there. My heart breaks for her and my mom right now. I feel helpless.

Tom's aunt (his mom's sister) was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung and brain cancer. She is being treated for this now and we are hoping and praying. Just struggling with quite a bit of sadness yet there's nothing we can physically do.

My sister was on her way to come help today but her husband is not feeling very well so she may be taking him to the ER. Symptoms sound like they could be heart related and they don't want to chance it.

Puts things in perspective.

Ok back to packing up...

10 comments:

LBluca77 said...

I am sorry to hear of everything that is going on. Your family is in my prayers.

Good luck with the move as well.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So much sad news. Sorry for all of them. Really, there is nothing you can physically do for any of them, so try not to feel bad about what you HAVE to do. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care,
Suz

Little Miss Diva said...

Sorry to hear about all your sad news today. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully all goes well with the move.

Take care!

lizziebelle said...

yikes peanut i will keep your family in my prayers. good luck with the move. i am sorry everything is so terrible for you right now.

ChiTown Girl said...

Obviously I'm sending you prayers (and hugs!). This, too, shall pass...

amanda said...

good luck with the move...

Your family is in my prayers.

Christina said...

When it rains, it pours. I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, and sorry to have missed all your posts over the weekend! I hope your move is going as well as these things can go. And I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm thinking of you!

Clippy Mat said...

it's so true. it never rains but it pours as C.S. said.
Life is like that sometimes.
You'll get by.
One day at a time.
One foot in front of the other.
Sending you lots of warm wishes.
Wed. is a big day for me too.
Good luck.
Pat :-))

Gina said...

Im thinking happy thoughts for you! i hope things turn around soon

Anonymous said...

I went through a very similar thing a few years back. I lost my aunt from cancer, then two days later my sister in law was in a coma, her little daughter, my niece died from the flesh eating disease. We had to have the funeral for her little girl all the while she is in a coma and didn't know her daughter died from it. She survived, which I still believe was a miracle.

I never thought I would be able to survive all of that, but you pull strength you never thought you had.

I know you will do the same thing. Just keep saying to yourself "I am a strong woman". It helps me to get through times like that.

And you are.

A very strong woman.