Tuesday, September 30, 2008

today's update

*update* Chumley just shit and threw up all over the bathroom floor, next to his litter box. My heart breaks for him because I know EXACTLY how he feels. I wish I could explain to him that he won't be left behind. Poor little stressed out monster. I'm going to cuddle him a while.

Well at least last night I got 2 hours of sleep.

I am still a wreck. Can't stop crying. My sister is on her way over in a bit. Her husband is home from the hospital, will be ok, just taking it easy. Thank you for your prayers. She's bringing me some Xanax. I need it because I got so mad today (at something unrelated to move stress) and I punched the bathroom counter top and I cracked something in my hand. This is the same hand I used to beat the shit out of my computer a few weeks ago and its never been the same since.

Movers are here again today and tomorrow. That translates to, we have too much shit. I'm overwhelmed. And to think we will be doing this same thing again in 6 months makes me want to set everything on fire.

Tom comes home tonight and I really wish he would have been here the last 2 nights. Would have nice to be together during this time and have him here to pick me up when I fall. (I mean this literally as well, I tripped and fell over packing materials and had a melt down.) I'm really a mess right now.

Today the movers told me they couldn't take our plants on the truck and I broke down again. 2 of the plants have VERY sentimental value to me, one was a gift from my mother in law after my Dad died and this plant has been growing non stop and I feel my Dad's spirit whenever I look at it. I will end up carrying this on my lap in the mini van. I can't part with it.

The animals have been scared/worried. They don't understand. Chum's infection is back so we're starting him on meds today and will continue with them for 10 days. What fun that will be to give a screaming, hissing, biting cat oral syringe meds on the freeway in a moving mini van.

There is sooooooo much more I want to say just to clear my fuzzy head but I can't because my mind is mush. Oh I will say that this morning I had a McDonald's iced coffee. And guess where I am right now??? Hence the time I have to blog. What really sucks is that there are 4 men in my house right now, each one in close proximity to the bathroom so they all know what's going on. This is my 3rd trip to the "office".

Someone wake me when this is over.

10 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

you will get through with this soon. That is the good part. It is almost over.
I understand about having too much stuff....I feel like a hoarder sometimes.
I hope your hand, belly, cat, BIL and everything else is better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are going through all that. It will get better. Just try to find little things that you can focus on. Good things. Like stopping by and getting some coffee.

It sucks....and it is so tiring, but you will get through this and it will all work out.

It just sucks when you are in the middle of it. It is intense dread. I know the feeling all too well.

The xanax will definitely help you to sleep. I'm glad she is bringing that to her.

Will be sending you positive vibes over here in Northern California!

Anonymous said...

Bringing that to her?? What was I saying? DUH.

I meant obviously, bringing that to you.

Ah.....a little too much xanax over here I think!

Karyn said...

Laura, you should change the name of your blog to Live Unhappy.

Oh, I'm just trying to make you laugh. I love you, babe. Hang in there. It will all be okay. xxxxxxxxx

Love,
Your Ice Castles buddy

Tara J. Tew said...

My prayers are with you.. I have never moved to another state. Just moving within the same county was hard enough. But it sounds like you have a wonderful support system and even more in the blogger world!!
Just vent it out, take the Xanax, for sure---and have a good glass of wine.. If you really want to feel good---do them all at the same time..

Christina said...

I can feel how angry you are all the way out here! And I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it!!!!!! Sorry I can't be there to help.

TTQ said...

A first for us that made me think of you..we found a round dried piece of poo in the bed. One of the two dogs brought it in for a snack, I have a feeling I know who..shhh it's the doberman. There I said it my Doberman eats poo and compost. Today we caught him in the garden, he jumped the fencing and was munching on compost that had just put down around the tomatos.

Moving sucks, I've moved more times than I have had birthdays maybe times 2. This last time was rough. We had Honey's stuff, my stuff, AND his deceased parent's stuff in the house. Our forth bedroom is still like scaling Mount Everest. So we just kinda shut the door until we get ambitious enough. You know a lamp here a box of linens there, the christmas stuff..

Gina said...

did you write this blog from the potty?? hehehehee

The Engine of the Family said...

Hey my friend,

I will send you a picture later that will make you smile. I've been so busy lately and out of the blogging loop. I need to catch up! Moving super sucks, but you'll get through it..you are a strong woman!
Bridget:)

Anonymous said...

Maybe I need some coffee so I can get a break too. I cracked up that entire last paragraph. It's almost over. Leave everything up to Tom when he gets home, and you just be in charge of the plant, Wrigs and Chumley.