Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chilly Willy


I'm not sure what the flip has gotten into my lately but I've been craving and making some of my favorite foods my grandmother used to make for me when I was a child. Last night I made her chicken soup and it was delicious. For breakfast today I'm eating wheat toast, with a little butter, blackberry jam and cottage cheese. It's soooooooo good. And for lunch I am going to make my FAVORITE sandwich which may sound gross at first but I'm telling you it's fabulous: White bread (which I know isn't supposed to be good for you but for some reason it tastes much better on soft white bread), yellow mustard (just plain yellow, not dijon or honey or anything fancy, just the sun colored yellow mustard you get at a baseball game), liverwurst sliced thin, not thick and meaty, and slices of fresh tomatoes. The combination of all these flavors together is amazing. I used to drink it with ice cold milk but today I'm contemplating an ice cold beer.

It's almost 10:00am and I need lights on inside the house to see. We live in a very shaded area with a lot of trees so I'm sure that's adding to the darkness but it seriously feels like nighttime. I want to crawl back under the covers.

Lizzie, the reason our house never seems to get or stay warm is due to high ceilings, poor insulation and we think there's a malfunction in our heater. Sometimes when it goes on it blows out cold air. We just discovered that late last night but it doesn't happen every time. I've unpacked the space heater and tote it around with me wherever I go. Oh and I have to post a cute pic of Chum from yesterday snuggling in my closet trying to keep warm. My poor babies. Both Wrigs and I have runny noses. I need to knit him a nose cozy.

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

The food all sound so good. you are just needing some comfort food right now....I would have to skip the liver, but everything else is a+.
Hugs from HOT florida. I wish I had a bit of cool....

lizziebelle said...

oh that is wretch. this is not your permenant location yet though i dont think, so hopefully your next destination will be toastier.

Anonymous said...

I think you have a bright future ahead manufacutring nose cozys. Bozo the Clown called and he wants one in red :)

Lindsey said...

you need an electric blanket!!!

i am so cold every day at my office and we aren't allowed to have space heaters so i have a heating pad i either put my feet on or put on my lap.

although then i go outside and it's 80 degrees and muggy in mid october in texas.

seriously, i'll trade you.

Me said...

Lindsey, do you think they make portable electric blankets I could wear around the house? Or maybe even electric sweatshirts?? There's an idea...

I put my hooded sweatshirt on and Wrigs HATES it. He barks at me when I wear my hood (must look like a hoodlum to him). He needs to get used to it!