Monday, October 20, 2008

Critters

We have moths and they are huge! Every night before we go to bed we see them. Tom has been able to catch 3 of them and throw them outside. Tonight's moth is still on the loose. I was unpacking some scarves and wooly wraps and out flapped the furry beast and shot up to the ceiling into the darkened skylight, never to be seen again. I screamed bloody murder, Wrigs jumped off the bed and started barking like a maniac then tried to hump me and then Chum ran in hissing and bellowing like a crotchety old man. Tom shouts, "Everyone in this house makes me CRAZY!" We've all calmed down now except for Chum who is still howling while humping his teddy bear.

I'm sure the moths are keeping the "dandy" long legs company who in turn are tooling around with the army of carpenter ants. We're all just one big happy insect infested family.

Tom just caught the moth! A struggle ensued so he ended up throwing him in the toilet (him, being the moth). Tom came out of the bathroom saying that the moth hit the water then bounced back up and flew away again!! I'm sure he's going to attack us while we sleep with toilet water dripping off his spindly legs. YUCK!

Speaking of YUCK I found my teeth molds from a couple years ago and the last few mornings I've been hiding them in Tom's bathroom drawer. It's the first thing he wakes up to when he reaches for the toothpaste and he HATES it! He told me today that if they are in there tomorrow he's going to throw them against the wall and shatter them to pieces. Maybe I'll just hide them in his work bag instead...

7 comments:

Little Miss Diva said...

You are hilarious! :)

Thanks for making me smile.

Clippy Mat said...

OMG it's too early in the morning (here) for all of these visual images of hilarity and madness in seattle. i am laughing out loud and i'm not even hardly awake yet.
who needs the sun when there's this much madness?
:-))

Busy Bee Suz said...

Soo funny.
"Chum who is still howling while humping his teddy bear."
You guys should have your own sitcom.
I have the teeth molds too, and I also have molds of my feet for my arch orthotics.
I told Jeff if I ever die, he can recreate my feet and teeth.
Kinda weird if he did it though....

Gina said...

you are so funny! thanks for starting off my morning with a giggle :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Tom didn't keep the bag of Wrigdoo he recovered from the neighbor's yard--you might have found that in YOUR drawer! BTW, my indoor cats make their hunting noises when they spot a big moth--the moths are usually too high for them to reach--but if they catch them, the cats have a good snack. Pretty gross, but you can tell it gives them a little thrill.

Anonymous said...

Goodness! Never a dull moment in your house, eh?

Najia said...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

Where oh where has my sunny tressed friend gone!? Why, to Seattle of course!

Jet Blue has tickets on sale right now for $99 one way to Seattle from SD. I'm there!!! I cannot WAIT to tell you all the crazy shit that's been goin' down around here. What's your schedule like!? I tried calling your phone and it's disconnected. :-( What's your new number?

How's my precious Chums? Tell him I love him can't wait to see him so he can attack my face.

And Wrigs!? Gosh, I miss his gorgeous mug.

Who am I missing? Oh, yah, that's right! Say hi to Tom!

I have to catch up on your blog sister. Can't wait to see what hilarity you were caught up in...speaking of catching up on blogs...I have to go see what's up with everyone else!

Love to you and your brood always,
KBL