Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Extreme Appliance Makeover

This is what we are in need of.

So, we've been living here for a little over 2 weeks now with no microwave- which surprisingly I'm not missing too much, no clothes dryer- I've been doing small loads everyday and hang drying over the heat vent (which still blows cold air, but it's air none the less) and in the last week our guest bathroom toilet has broken, the sink in our bathroom has leaked all over the contents of the stuff jammed in the cabinet below and now today our dishwasher is broken. It's the first time I washed a load of dishes and before I did I said to Tom, "I'm sure this thing won't work." Tom says, "Stop being so negative. Your negative energy makes everything break!" Whatever. I load up the dishwasher.

It actually works fine! I'm relieved and for once, happy to be proven wrong. I head out to run some errands for the day and when I return home a couple hours later I head into the kitchen to unload my sparking clean dishes. I open the door and...

The FLOOD GATES OPENED!

The dishwasher did not drain any water and it was a swimming pool in there. I call Tom at work to let him know that AHA! the dishwasher IS in fact broken! I think I was a bit too excited about this.

So now, we are down one dishwasher.

Tonight I'm making some homemade chicken chili and Tom and I were planning to stay in and have a fire in the fireplace but guess what??? Yep, that's out of commission too. Landlords told us not to have any fires because it has not been cleaned in 6 years and there may be bird nests and debris clogging the flue.

Speaking of bird's nests...


This poor guy flew into our window today. (in case you can't see, it's a little tiny bird resting on our patio chair)

But, it was soooo sunny today that he probably couldn't see where he was going!!!

2 comments:

Gberger said...

Thank you for your message; I will be in touch soon.
I think your realtor needs to talk to the landlords. They sound awful, to rent a house to you that needs so much work. I hope you have the name of some good appliance repair folks from your realtor...and a chimney sweep! Love from over here.

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh, and I'm so excited....
KBL IS BACK!!!!!!