Monday, October 27, 2008

frozen tid bits

I'm sorting through my box of unmentionables and I leave the bedroom for a few minutes and return to this:

That would be my strapless bra insert inside of Wrig's mouth. He now has a new toy. I'll throw some granny panties for Chum to play with so he's not left out.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon touring Open Houses in Queen Anne. One thing I noticed upon entering each home was that they were soooo warm! I couldn't believe how nice it felt to walk into a home and actually be able to take off your hat, scarf, gloves, etc. I made this comment to one of the showing agents and explained to him that the house we are renting is FREEZING all the time. He asked where it was and I told him and he knew exactly the house we were in and said that it's been on the market for about a year and he has shown it to several clients and that has been the biggest complaint! He said even in the warmer months, the house was still uncomfortably cold. As I type this right now my hands are are starting to tingle. For shits and giggles I took a photograph of the heater that I carry around with me that registers room temperature. He is the temp in the bathroom:


And here is the temp in what was going to be my Craft room/Guest room but decided that it's too uncomfortable for any human or beast to spend more than 7 seconds in here:


Wrigs has been so cold that he lets me bundle him up in his blanket.

He says, "Welcome back KBL!!"

And now for some warmth...

We spent Saturday afternoon with Karen, Gregg and David. We had such a great time and they were fantastic hosts and showed us their adorable, picturesque town. Wrigs even got a glimpse of Latte, their big fuzzy outdoor cat, but Latte was not as keen to make friends right away. He had to be pried from the deck and put inside. Poor guy! But it was quite entertaining to watch Gregg carry Latte like a sack of potatoes into the house. I'm sure many of you have seen the beautiful pictures Karen has posted of her neighborhood and views. They are even more breathtaking in person. Truly a house filled with and surrounded by love and warmth!!!

And for those of you who have been reading blogs for a while, do you know who I saw outside a coffee shop??? Liz from As The Tumor Turns. Crazy thing, this blogging world isn't it?

Karen and I went into this cute little bakery to get some dog treats for Wrigs and we both had a moment of hysterics. Here was their "Fresh Fruit" display at the bakery:


What do you think? Fail blog worthy???

Last night my girlfriend and I were WWW (webcamming with wine) and this is what happened as a result:

Her showing me some yoga poses because Tom told us we were going to get hunch backs from the way we were sitting. Her screen froze on this pose and it made me laugh soooo hard:


Then I was telling her how dirty my hair is (what riveting conversations!) and that I could pull out strands and they would just stick straight out. And here's exhibit A:


She was telling me to "phone home" after this.

Ok, the room has now warmed up to a balmy 58 degrees so I'm going to attempt a shower and a shampoo! Too bad these heaters aren't waterproof.

10 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

OK, seriously, I thought Wrigs had a hot pink dildo in his mouth!!

Girl, it's been flurrying here today, so just be glad you don't have that yet. My house, by choice, gets down to about 57-59 before I turn the heat on, which is set to 65, because I can't afford to pay the gas bill :( But, we live in sweatshirt, and bundle up under blankets everywhere. I sleep in a sweatshirt over a t-shirt, and sweatpants just so I don't have to turn the heat up. I'm so sorry that you're doing all those same things, but it's NOT by choice :(

Gina said...

hehe, my cat ernie used to run around the house with one of my bra's in her mouth! sorry your soo cold

Gberger said...

I keep checking FAILblog for that photo; I think it's perfect for them. Still laughing at that.

So glad that we got to show you a bit of the area. There's plenty more to see, and much of it is dog-friendly. Too bad Latte wasn't!

I'm going to look for Liz's site; now I remember who you meant. Isn't it a small planet?

I hope you find a nice WARM house! West-facing windows will bring in more heat! Love from over here.

Najia said...

Laura!

Sooo funny that you saw Liz! Have you been following her Flickr site? She's not longer blogging at As the Tumor Turns, but she picture blogs through Flickr. She lives in a tree house up there now and has a grandson named Mas! You MUST follow her link from her old blog. You'll love it.

For all not in the know, it was through Liz's blog that Laura and I met, and I will forever be grateful for Blogistan and Golden Retrievers.

I can't believe it is so chilly in your home. There must be NO insulation at all. It has been hot as hell out here with the Santa Ana winds constantly blowing, but I can't feel it because I've got the flu and keep shivering all the damned time. I don't know what I'd do right now if it were 55 degrees!

I'm sending warm thoughts your way. Miss you all so very much.

All our love,
KBL

Najia said...

P.S. I must tell you that I laughed OUT FUCKING LOUD at your occupation description..."Rain Hater".....priceless!

I clicked on it to see who else out there could be a rain hater. Yup. You're one of a kind! That's why we all love you so. :-)

Anonymous said...

I have the hammock fail picture saved on my computer. I was uploading pics to myspace last night and saw it. I think I need to see it on a daily basis, it's so funny.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is funny too, btw. LOL

Clippy Mat said...

you look like a viking.
:-)

HWHL said...

What?! You guys live in a house where the INTERIOR temp hovers in the 50s??? (And it's only October?!) Dare I ask the obvious: WHY???!!!!

My heat is set to 72. I just don't like to be chilly. (And even now, I have flannel sheets on the beds.... )

Anyway, YES the fruit is DEFINITELY FailBlog worthy - submit it! :-)

And I loved the dirty hair picture and the Wrigley photos! (Personally, I think Wrigley would look great in a burqua.... can you arrange that? He's such a cutie - please give him a HUG from me. And give Chumley a hug too!)

I'm so glad you and Tom and Wrigs got to have some quality time with Karen and Gregg! How wonderful!

Unknown said...

I was thinking of you yesterday as I was freezing in my house, although it was about 63 not 55! (We live on the bottom floor and there's a crawl space below us but it's about 6 feet high which = cold air from below, so I always wear super warm socks! And yes, I had my hoodie hood up yesterday when I was at home! :)