Sunday, October 19, 2008

How "not" to meet your new neighbors

Tom and I were taking Wrigs for a brisk walk around the neighborhood. Tom thinks it's funny after Wrigs poops to try and lob his poo bag at my head while we're walking. He's hit me with it once before and even though I think it's disgusting and obnoxious, I can't stop laughing while he does it. I'll run several feet ahead and Tom will launch the poo bag high in the air trying to get it to land on my head. He pinged me a couple times in the leg and back and if I'm quick enough I can grab the bag and launch it back at him. I hit him in the chest then he threw it back at me and it wiffed the side of my face. My last launch was solid but he bobbed his head out of the way and the bag soared over the fence into our next door neighbor's yard. Tom is out there right now trying to scoop it up with a rake or pole of some sort.

I hope to God the neighbor's aren't home and don't see him doing this. How do you explain this one?!?

11 comments:

Gina said...

ahhahaahaha... you could just knock on their door and request that they return the poop?

Gberger said...

What a fun little family ritual! =o I'm sure you could think of a clever explanation...or, maybe just light it on fire and run? No, not if it's your next-door neighbor. I can't think of anything.
Wasn't it BEAUTIFUL today? Did you do something fun? We thought of you as we were walking on the Island, looking at downtown Seattle. God bless you!

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh you crazy kids!! Already making a name for yourselves out there in Seattle I see! I knew you'd be a hit. Or, would that actually be a miss?

Busy Bee Suz said...

so funny...playing with POO!!!!
the neighbors may already have some thoughts about the weirdos from CA!!!!

Clippy Mat said...

Why doesn't he just go over and explain he was throwing dog sh*t at your head and he missed?
Works for me. They'll probably invite you in for cocktails.

Let me know how it turns out.
;-)

Moooooog35 said...

If someone sees you doing it, just stop, look at them and say:

"Foreplay."

From then on, chances are that they'll just avert their stare.

Anonymous said...

Tell them "Dont you know??? Its the latest rage... Everyone's doing it!"

Anonymous said...

Had me cracking up. You all are too funny!

Christina said...

That is too funny!!! I thought that Tyler made up the term wacky-poo, but I now see that it is a game invented by Tom & Laura. Hm.

HWHL said...

Now THIS is true love, Laura.

If my husband hurled a bag of steaming dog shit at ME.... oh, it would be SO BAD for him....

LOL.

Regardless, I'm happy to see the "happy" back in your blog, girl!

Najia said...

We call it "poopy bopping". I usually start it, but then he's bigger and it gets out of control with the swinging bag. I must say though, I have NEVER tried to launch it at his head. Hmmmm, I'll have to give it a try tonight. Sweet!