Tuesday, October 14, 2008

say what???

This has to be my favorite momism of all times...

I was just chatting on the phone to my mom and was telling her that Tom has a work dinner tonight that he invited me to attend. I told her that I didn't feel like going because a) it's too cold to shower b) I have yet to unpack and organize my clothes so I won't have anything decent (or warm) to wear c) I have a pimple on my chin and d) I want to snuggle on the couch with the animals and watch nonsense TV.

My mom then says, "You need to force yourself to get up and get out of the house. Otherwise you are going to end up in a terrible fuck."

I am still laughing at this.

I may just go tonight so I can share this story with others.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Is your mom a sailor normally?

Anonymous said...

I can be a little slow, but she meant funk...right?

Me said...

Yes! She meant to say funk. I keep replaying it in my head and start laughing out loud all over again. It was purely innocent but she did sound just like a sailor!

ChiTown Girl said...

Maybe she just meant that Tom would be upset with you, and then withhold the nookie....?

Anonymous said...

I was reading this post and now I want to do everything you said. Sit here with my dog and watch nonsense TV.

You are a bad influence girl!!

Hehe!

Busy Bee Suz said...

HILLARIOUS!!!
If only we could hear all that goes on in her funny head!!

Moooooog35 said...

Wow...for a second I thought you were going to end up sleeping with me.

Gberger said...

We loved this Mom-ism! Did you go, or stay home and get in a funk?