Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things are normal

Tom's watching stupid Big Break Challenge 10 Michigan on the golf channel. As he was feverishly searching for the golf channel station I tried to tell him that Comcast doesn't have a golf channel but he wasn't buying it. He's now found it and this will be on our TV at all times. F*cking fantastic.

I can't stop eating these cookies:They taste like those little cinnamon crispy cookies you get on airplanes. And they pair perfectly with a glass of Savignon Blanc. Yes, we are starting to settle into our new life.

Oh! I must share this fabulous conditioner. Since I only wash my hair about twice a week I've not been consistent with my Wen products. Instead I'm using Baby Shampoo to get out the muckety muck and then I condition with Rusk Smoothing Conditioner. This stuff is amazing but impossible to find. I found it at Bellvue Mall in a store called Beauty Works. I went with Tom yesterday and there were only 2 bottles left and he insisted I buy them both so he wouldn't have to hear me bitch about running out of this stuff anytime soon.

He's quite the forward thinker.

I want to say thank you to all of you who have been so kind to leave your comments of encouragement and support. I really appreciate each one. And to Catherine who mentioned a while back about the Dog Park in Magnusson Park, FYI: We went there this last weekend and it was INSANE!!! I have never seen anything like this before. Wrigley could not handle it, he was in paradise running like a wild man from dog to dog! He still didn't make it into the water though, even when all the other dogs around him were swimming. He put 2 paws in and looked at Tom and I like "F**K THAT SH!T!" A retriever that hates water. We're so proud of him.

And Chumley has YET to pee on any of our furniture. However, when I put on my snuggly warm bathrobe this morning something smelled amiss. I took a few whiffs and then realized, "Chumley was here." At least it's not the couch. A bathrobe is much easier to clean.

3 comments:

Najia said...

My friend Maria's 2 Goldens (Bacchus and Dolce) now swim like fish. But, up until Dolce was almost 3 he would just watch Bacchus jump in and out of the pool. He himself was too chicken to get in. Then one day, in he went! Who knew what set him off? But, he swam like he was born to do it. Dogs are amazing. Give Wrigs time...before you know it you'll be jumping in the cold ass water trying to "retrieve" him so that you can finally go home. Once they discovery their love for water, it is all over!

Anonymous said...

My Golden Max LOVES water if it is in his little kiddie pool or coming from the hose. He follows this with rolling in dirt right after. But, when at the beach (lake or saltwater) he doesn't consider that to be water. I don't get it--but putting a really wet Golden back in the car would be a little unpleasant anyway I guess.

Gina said...

hahaha isn't it such a lovely surprise to put something on and realize its been peed on?? my fav is when im exhausted, dive into bed only to catch a whiff of some fragrant cat pee!!