Thursday, October 23, 2008

The ugliest pumpkin contest?

I'm not sure what's going on in our little pocket of town but it seems we have been invaded by the world's most hideous looking pumpkins. Either they were painted by apes (using their feet) or...well, I'm not going to say anything offensive. These beauties speak for themselves.






Back in college my friends and I used to prank call the local grocery store this time of year (screaming at the poor unsuspecting soul who had the misfortune of answering the phone) saying their scary pumpkins scared the crap out of our kids and now they won't stop screaming and crying! I would demand that all the pumpkins with scary faces be removed from the store otherwise the school district would boycott the store. And wouldn't ya know it - no more scary pumpkins. I wonder if I should do that now with these pumpkins plastered all over town?? I'm sure that's a great way to make friends.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

they must be painted by small innocent children. Let hope anyway.
You were such a bad girl...oh my....some things never change do they???
:)

Clippy Mat said...

flipping heck. what kind of pathetic pumpkin painter painted these specimens?
and number 3?
whose window was that in?
hopefully not the village school's.
if so, do not procreate in seattle!