Sunday, October 05, 2008

We have arrived...

And I must say, Seattle is awesome.

I LOVE living in a city environment again. I certainly have missed that. We have walked EVERYWHERE in the last 2 days. Found an amazing Crepe place just up the street, several coffee shops (shocker) and some fun pubs and nighttime spots. There's so much to see and do and I do love that.

But I miss the people I want to be doing it with.

And I really do miss the sun.

I saw it for about 15 minutes today.

Then, clouds.

And then more rain. And a few tears.

It's an adjustment I know. I can't compare it to where we've been. But when the sun is out, I'm happy and I feel great and I think No Big DEAL! I could live here forever!! Then, when it goes away...

I become a royal bitch.

I'm sorry Tom. I snapped at you quite a bit today. It's not your fault, I don't mean to take it out on you. I know I need to work on this and I will get help I promise. Just PLEASE don't take it personally.

My sister arrives tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that. I think she'll love it here, she says she loves clouds and fall like weather. I wish I could say the same.

But I'll learn to get by on those 15 minutes of sun.

Come out sun, come out today.
Come and let me see your rays.
I miss you so! I miss you much!
Please sun, won't you stay in touch!?!?!

That is my daily sun chant. Let's hope it works.

11 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw, Sweet Pea, I wish I could hug you. But, I'm glad you're able to find some good things to focus on. I can't wait to hear more about the "good things" you find! :)

Gberger said...

WELCOME TO SEATTLE! SO glad to know that you had fun exploring! I know some GREAT places in your area; you may have already seen/been in some of them. A tapas bar, a French restuarant (MANY great resturants), bakery, boutiques galore, knit shop, super walking trails, coffee, etc. You'll have a blast with your sister.
We're back home; let me know if I can give you some names of places. God bless you!

Jules said...

buy a light box!

Laurie Brandriet Keller said...

I love your new photo. If you take down the Orange weather you won't be tempted to compare. But ... this is a process and letting go has to be at a pace that's comfortable for you. So glad your sister is coming ... that's awesome. New friends will come in to your life and it will be strange ... I was so caught off guard as to how weird it was to have zero history with the new friends we met and spent time with, that had history with each other. Now it's great ... they wrapped us up in a bunch of Prairie love and when Ron had his accident they stepped up and were ready to help me in many ways. When you go out to have coffee, shop, walk, etc. you will have people placed in your life that you will instantly hit it off with. And you have Karen there ... what a blessing. xoxo.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Glad to hear you made it there safe...I have been thinking of you both. Sounds like a fantastic town....Maybe you can just put really really bright lights in your house?

lizziebelle said...

there is a chance global warming could be on your side. sucks for the polars bears, but maybe not so much for you.

i hear the upscale vintage shops are fabulous.

i have only been one time and i thought it was really cool, especially the flora and fuana, it was a confusing mixture. but i am a massive dork and probably am the only one who noticed that.

Anonymous said...

Hello from north of you about 30miles. At this time of year (actually most of the year) we appreciate and embrace each and every excellent weather moment we have! We certainly don't take it for granted. Look for a spot of blue in the sky each day and focus on that. Some days will be gray, then you focus on all the lovely GREEN you see all around. We're glad to have you and yours here. I'm happy that you are starting to see some positives in your brand new start.

Christina said...

I'm glad that you have a least one MAJOR positive thing to say about your new home!! Yay for you.

Although, I must say it's probably a bummer that you don't have a bath house across the street.

Hope the sun'll come out for you at least once a day.

Anonymous said...

Good girl. Try to make the best of the situation and be so happy you have a wonderful life.

Karyn said...

How are Chumley and Wrigley adjusting? Wrigley emailed Bev and said something about joining a rock band. Chumley emailed and said something about liking wet things or something. He's so gross.

Anonymous said...

I just spent the last 6 months working in Seattle and every week I had to go have gelato at this place called Bottega Italiana. It is across from the Showbox at Pike Place. It is incredibly delicious and should brighten your day in even the gloomiest of skies. Hope you try it!