Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 2 of mom's visit

Conversation between Tom and my mom:

Mom: Where should we take Laura for her birthday dinner?

Tom: She loves this place down the street. It's a Tapas Bar.

Mom: What??? They have those around here???

Tom: Yeah. They're everywhere. We loved them in California too.

Mom: Are you kidding me??? Laura likes to go there???

Tom: Yes, she LOVES them.

Mom: Oh my Garsh.

(It wasn't until HOURS later that we realized my mom thought Tom was talking about a TOPLESS bar. My cheeks still hurt from laughing so hard.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Your mom is one funny lady (I can see where you get your great sense of humor from). Would the tapas bar happen to be Harvest Vine? I love the food there, so good!

Clippy Mat said...

priceless.
can't wait for the next installment.
:-))

Gina said...

hahaha your mom is a pisser!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, she is the best. Love it.

Me said...

Lauren: Harvest Vine it is. That place is soooo good, and cozy.

There have been other Momisms in the last 2 days and I really need to write them down as they happen because I've already forgotten some!!! Dang!

Gberger said...

This is a favorite of mine. We always go through this when Gregg comes home from Spain, and talks about all of the tapas bars he's visited. I always have to double-take that one. Love to all!

The Engine of the Family said...

Haha...I must meet your mom, she sounds great!

HWHL said...

Hilarious!!!! "Oh my GARSH!"
I'm dying laughing over here!

:)

Happy Birthday my friend! Hope it's wonderful!

Cristina said...

Hi La,
Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!(Sorry it's late) Hope you,Tom and you mom had a great Thanksgiving! Keep in touch.

Love ya,
Stein

LBluca77 said...

That's classic!! Your mom sounds so entertaining.