Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Fire starter

Did you hear about these cute Snowman snow globes at Hallmark that were recalled? It says that if the sun hits it in just the right way, it takes on a magnifying effect and ignites anything in its path. Imagine that. "So, Fred, how did your house burn down?" "Oh it was just my happy Snowman globe."

Silly little Satanic snowman. (side note: Anyone who is willing to pay $100 on a Snowglobe needs to have their head examined.)

Anyway, I'm listening to the song I'll Be Home for Christmas and it bugs me. The part where they sing "please have snow and mistletoe and presents ON the tree?" Who the hell puts their presents ON the tree? If you ask me that's another fire hazard waiting to happen.

Oh by the way Merry Christmas Eve! I'm uploading a bunch of pics from our morning walk and will post soon.

For those of you in the snowy parts be extra safe and careful driving, walking, sledding, skiing, shoveling etc. As I type our I'm watching my neighbor shovel mounds of snow off his roof and for those of you in a similar predicament, please be careful and take your time! And for those of you not able to make it to your final destination this Christmas, I hope you are warm and can still find a little bit of Christmas wherever you may be.

Peace to all People!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura, Tom, Chumley, and Wrigley--Have a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for brightening my days this year. I enjoy your language, your sense of humor, your sensitivity, our common interests, your compassion, and your unclean mind! May 2009 fulfill all your wishes and more!

TFOLW1GA7C north of you about 25 miles

Me said...

Merry Christmas TFOLW1GA7C!!

Thank you for being a part of my blogging family. I hope you have a happy and warm white Christmas. Be safe if you're out on the roads and give your fur babies a hug and a hiss from their fellow friends Wrigley and Chumley.

p.s. I'm glad you accept and enjoy my unclean mind! ;)

Gberger said...

Amazing-- a friend of mine had something like this happen to her. Her house burned down, and by God's grace, she and her family were safe. Too scary.

God bless you, and Merry Christmas! It will be fun to see you in the new year.
P.S.: I posted pics of "downtown" Poulsbo in the snow.
Love to you, Tom, Wrigs & Chum.